I need to set goals. I need to set goals or it’s far too easy for me to become frazzled and overwhelmed by all the things I have on the go. When that happens I sort of begin to pinball around the place, bouncing off things but not getting anything done.
So I set goals 🙂
This year my goals are relatively straight forward (and sadly, many of them are carried over from last year):
As a writer:
- Self-publish all my old ‘Steffie Sherwood’ stories
- Have at least one successful ‘Writing Under Glass’ event
Figure out why my tags and categories on this website have suddenly stopped working* >_<
- Publish at least one story through a traditional publisher
- Complete one of my half-finished longer projects (incubus, Twin Magic or 2012’s NaNo novel)
- Begin adapting ### ####### for re-release
- Build a solid list of people on Twitter who I enjoy following and interacting with.
As an editor:
- Edit at least two titles for Red Moon Romance that are released this year or next
- This may include the Secret Santa anthology I’m currently working on, but bonus points if they are in addition to it 🙂
- Successfully acquire stories to create a strong table of contents for the anthology I proposed to Red Moon Romance (hint: see picture above) and deliver the manuscript on time
Sorry about the censorship up there, it’s not because there’s a big bad secret of some sort that you’re not in on, it’s just because that goal is going to require a blog post to explain, and I haven’t got time to write it just yet.
*On a somewhat related note? The tags and categories on this website have suddenly stopped working. Fun, fun, fun!
ETA: I fixed the link/categories problem. Yay! One item already crossed off the list. It’s all downhill from here, right? Right? Hey… why are you laughing?