It’s time for me to set my 2018 goals and this pretty much sums up how I feel:
Because the thing is I didn’t do so well at reaching last year’s goals, and this year I’d like to spend less time working, and Other Me has already set some ambitious goals and I don’t own a TARDIS…
So… where does that leave me?
Well, to start I want to finish up the 2017 Goals that I didn’t quite accomplish. Goals like:
- Finalize the Author Guide for Pen and Kink Publishing and begin distributing it
Formalize the style guide for Pen and–you know what? Nah, I kinda like having ‘Something like a style guide’
- Edit and publish “The Longest Night”
- Edit and publish “The Coolest Wife Ever” now known as “The Switch”
- Publish a collection of all the “She’s on the Bottom” stories
- Finish writing and editing the untitled novelette/novella? about Ben and Maggie
- Write at least one more story in the Paranormal Circus series.
- Write and share a holiday-themed story set in the Paranormal Circus series
And because I don’t want to spend this year solely focused on the things I didn’t do last year I would also like to:
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Spark
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Ember
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Flame
- Successfully publish and launch Triskaidekaphilia 3: Transformed
- Acquire a new project for Pen and Kink
- Write at least one short story and submit it for publication rather than publishing it myself*
- Write the next title in the ‘Running on Empty‘ serial
That looks like plenty of projects to fill a year, yeah?
*I chose submitting as my goal because that is within my control, whether the story is accepted somewhere or published is not.