The thing is…
Well, okay. I have some pretty good excuses (I was quite sick for several months this year) but the truth is I’m scared to look back at how I did accomplishing the goals I set for this year because I don’t think the picture is going to be pretty. But I can’t do better just by averting my eyes, right? So here goes…
Goals that are in bold are ones I accomplished.
- Finalize the Author Guide for Pen and Kink Publishing and begin distributing it
Yay! One down!
Formalize the style guide for Pen and–you know what? Nah, I kinda like having ‘Something like a style guide’
Apparently I changed my mind about this goal somewhere along the way. And good for me. I still kinda like having ‘Something like a style guide’ 🙂
- Edit and publish “The Longest Night”
Oh hey, I did this too! I also got a new matching cover for “Circles Within Circles” and re-launched it. Plus I gave the series a title. It’s now called ‘Prairie Magic’ 🙂
- Edit and publish “The Coolest Wife Ever” now known as “The Switch”
I made an effort but it turned out the story was just too broken. I’ve shelved this one indefinitely. It’s got potential, but I’m not sure how to fix it right now.
- Publish a collection of all the “She’s on the Bottom” stories
I did not do this. I’m not sure why I didn’t do this? Perhaps I just forgot. Originally I was waiting to add “The Switch” to the collection, but when I shelved that I could have moved forward on this. Oh well. A goal for next year, perhaps?
- Finish writing and editing the untitled novelette/novella? about Ben and Maggie
- Write at least one more story in the Paranormal Circus series.
- Write and share a holiday-themed story set in the Paranormal Circus series
No progress on any of these because I got wrapped up in the Prairie Magic series instead. The good news is I wrote 50,000 words on book #3 for that series for NaNoWriMo, which ain’t nothin’. The story isn’t done yet but I think it’s shaping up nicely. Another goal for next year 🙂
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Spark
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Ember
- Successfully publish and launch Magic Flame
The series is out and delighting readers (and me, to be honest). I loved working with those ladies to bring their stories to the world and look forward to doing it again. Soon. 😉
- Successfully publish and launch Triskaidekaphilia 3: Transformed
Done and done. The editor put together an awesome anthology.
- Acquire a new project for Pen and Kink
I didn’t just acquire one new project, I acquired four. Well, I guess that depends on how you define ‘project’ but I was super excited to edit and publish INKarnate, INKapable, INKurable and INKonsolable by Mara Malins. They are all amazing (and the first one is available for free).
- Write at least one short story and submit it for publication rather than publishing it myself
*sad trombone sound*
Though I am working on a collaborative project with someone… sadly the story has hit my desk and kind of gotten stalled there but I’ll get back to it soon. I will!
- Write the next title in the ‘Running on Empty‘ serial
I haven’t written anything new for this, but I did plan out a sort of arc that the series could take, so that should count for something, right? I think so.
Okay. Phew. That wasn’t as bad as I’d expected, actually. I can accept this progress. It was pretty decent.
I’m going to have to carefully set my goals for next year, though, so as to make sure I get to make a few more of them bold 🙂