One of the best things about Pen and Kink’s (r)evolution from being solely where I publish my Pen and Kink titles to being a place where I do that and publish other people’s work as well, is that it gives me a way to bring some of my ideas to life. Ideas that I don’t have time to edit myself. Ideas like a series of dark(ish) romance anthologies 🙂
That series, which I’m calling Triskaidekaphilia, will include 13 titles, each released on a Friday the 13th.
I’m super excited about it. No lie.
The first title, edited by the amazing Laura Harvey, is called Legendary and it is all about romance/erotica takes on urban legends.
Oh, and it’s open for submissions now 😉
Here is the short version:
• Stories between 3,000 – 15,000 words long
• Reprints accepted but not preferred. When submitting a reprint include information about its original publication in your submission email
• Open to all pairings and multiple partners (m/f, m/m, f/f, m/m/f, etc.)
• Any heat level
• Any setting or sub-genre is welcome (historical, paranormal, steampunk, contemporary, etc.)
• Urban legends from any culture are welcome.
The romance needs to be key to the story so we’re not looking for anything too darkly horrific, and the stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) ending—no killing off the love interests.
Payment: $10 USD and a paperback copy of the anthology in exchange for the non-exclusive right to include the story in the both the print and electronic versions of the anthology.
Open submission period: June 1, 2016 – July 31, 2016